Monday, April 15, 2013

Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal


I had never really made oatmeal before last week.  I know, crazy.  I think it smells good and looks good but I am a huge texture person so I didn't think I would like it.  I tried this basic recipe, tweaked it a little and loved it!

Basic Oatmeal (single serving):
1/4 C oats
1/2 C milk
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 TBSP brown sugar
maple syrup

Mix all ingredients in a small saucepan.
Bring them to a boil for a couple of minutes until the mixture thickens.
For extra sweetness, add a drizzle of maple syrup.

Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
Add 1/2 small Granny Smith apple, finely chopped to the basic oatmeal recipe above.
When it is finished cooking, top with chopped pecans and maple syrup if you want some extra crunch and sweetness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails