Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Fresh-Squeezed Lemonade

I grew up in Northern California where fresh produce abounds and really does taste better!  Fresh fruit straight from the tree, ground, bush, or farmer's market beats produce shipped across the country or world anyday!
My parents have a stunning backyard full of fresh produce they grow each year.  One of my favorites is the lemon tree.  Their tree produces giant, juicy, yellow balls of goodness!  Every year I do what I can to get as many lemons to my house 750 miles away that I can.
This homemade lemonade is delicious (and nothing screams "It's Summertime!" like a cold glass of lemonade), whether you grew the lemons yourself or not.  It is a totally flexible recipe - adjust according to your taste and level of desired sweetness!


3-4 lemons
1 lime (optional)
1 C sugar
1 C boiling water
3 C cold water
1-2 lemons/limes sliced, for garnish (optional)

Juice the lemons and lime into a bowl.  Remove any seeds that may try to sneak in!
Combine the boiling water and sugar in a serving pitcher or bowl.
Add the lemon juice and cold water.
Adjust the lemonade to your specific tastes.
Refrigerate until time to serve.
(If you want to serve without refrigerating, eliminate 1 C of cold water and replace with ice cubes - you will still need to adjust to taste.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails