Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Orange/Lemon Bread

So to go along with my love of lemon, I made lemon bread this weekend.  Unfortunately it got devoured before I could take a picture.  I also love orange...so I experimented and made orange bread today.  They both are heavenly!
If you prefer to make lemon bread instead of orange bread, just substitute lemon peel and juice for the orange peel and juice in both the bread and glaze.

1/2 C softened butter
1 C sugar
2 eggs
2 TBSP orange juice (I used fresh squeezed juice)
1 TBSP grated orange peel
1 1/2 C (1 3/4 C for higher elevation) flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 C 2% milk

Cream together the butter and sugar.
Add eggs, orange juice, and peel.
Mix in salt and baking powder.
Add the flour and milk a little bit at a time, stirring it in each time the ingredients are added.
Preheat oven to 350.
Bake in a bread pan for about 45 minutes (check with a toothpick until it comes out clean).

Glaze:
2 TBSP orange juice
1/2 C powdered sugar

Mix the juice and sugar together.
Drizzle over warm bread.

Slice and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails