Monday, February 15, 2010

Bread Twists

On our first date, my husband and I went to the Pizza Factory and had bread twists and BBQ chicken pizza.  When he proposed, my ring was tied to the bottom half of a bread twist stick at the Pizza Factory.  So as you can imagine, Pizza Factory bread twists have a sentimental meaning to us.
For Valentine's Day, I wanted to create my own.  I used the Freezer Roll dough recipe and twisted rolled pieces of the dough onto 2/3 of a wooden kabob stick (the pointy end was covered of course!) that had been soaked in water for 20 minutes (to prevent burning).  Just before I put them in the oven, I coated them with melted butter and lightly sprinkled garlic powder and Italian seasoning on the top.  I baked them for about 12 minutes until the bottoms were golden brown.  They turned out great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails