Monday, February 10, 2014

Lemon Pudding Crinkles


I have never made pudding cookies.  Boxed pudding just isn't something I normally have around.  I had a random box of lemon pudding in my pantry though (I really can't remember why i had it in the first place...) and I hunted down a pudding cookie recipe, added my own twist, and ended up with these delicious cookies.  They are soft with just a hint of lemon.  If you are a powdered sugar fan, you could always dust them with more when they come out of the oven.
The pudding makes these cookies so soft that I am tempted to experiment with all sorts of other flavors!

This recipe makes about 4 dozen cookies.

3/4 C butter, softened
1 C sugar
1 package of instant lemon pudding mix (3.4 oz.)
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 TBSP lemon zest (from 1 lemon)
2 TBSP fresh lemon juice
1 tsp baking soda
2 1/2 C flour

powdered sugar for coating

Preheat the oven to 350.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Crema together the butter and sugar.
Add in the pudding mix.
Combine with the eggs, vanilla extract, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
Mix in the baking soda and flour.
Roll 1" balls of dough in powdered sugar and place on the baking sheet.
Bake for 9-12 minutes.
Remove from the baking sheet and let them finish cooling on a wire rack.
Sprinkle with a fresh layer of powdered sugar if you want.

This recipe is adapted from www.crazyforcrust.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails