Friday, July 12, 2013

Strawberry Ice Cream

I made one of the best purchases this last week that I have ever made.  I bought an ice cream machine.  I can make homemade ice cream and frozen yogurt anytime I want and it is amazing.  Frozen yogurt is my favorite treat ever and the fact that I can make frozen goodness at home now...wow I may be in trouble!
This strawberry ice cream recipe is so simple and I could not stop eating.  You can make it with large strawberry chunks or almost no fruit chunks at all.  Whichever you prefer - go make it as soon as possible!


This recipe makes 1 1/2 quarts of ice cream.

1 1/2-2 C fresh strawberries (cut off this green tops)
3/4 C 2% milk
2/3 C sugar
pinch of salt
1 1/2 C heavy cream
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Using a food processor, chop the strawberries into your desired consistency for the ice cream.
Mix the milk, sugar, and salt until the sugar is dissolved.
Add the cream and vanilla.
Stir in the strawberries and juices.
Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or up to overnight.
Follow the directions for your ice cream maker.

This recipe is adapted from the Cuisinart ice cream recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails