Sunday, February 10, 2013

Open Faced Avocado and Egg Sandwich

My new stay-at-home mom job has been quite an adjustment for me.  I love it, but it has been hard.  One of the hardest things for me has been making good protein and vegetable packed lunch choices.  I used to pack really healthy lunches to take to work with me and it was so easy to eat well.  At home when I am not on such a schedule with a newborn it has been harder to come up with tasty, healthy lunches.
This week I made this sandwich and fell in love.  I think I could eat this every day!


2 slices whole wheat/multi-grain bread
1/2-1 avocado
tomato slices (I used about 1/2 C cherry tomatoes)
2 eggs (prepared your favorite way - I love scrambled!)
salt and pepper to taste

Toast the bread.
Prepare the eggs your favorite way.
Mash the avocado and add salt and pepper to taste.
Spread the avocado on the toast.
Put tomato slices over avocado.
Add prepared egg to top.
Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails