Thursday, December 6, 2012

Mom's Rolls

On the 6th day of Christmas my true love made for me...tasty rolls!
I love the holidays and the traditions that come with them. My husband and I have had fun combining our families traditions and coming up with our own.
My mom's rolls are a tradition for my family growing up. I would munch on as many as I could and was so disappointed when then were gone each Thanksgiving and Christmas.


3 1/2 C flour
1 pkg. yeast
1 1/4 C milk
1/4 C sugar
1/4 C shortening
1 tsp salt
1 egg

Combine 1 1/2 C flour and the yeast.
Heat in a saucepan (to 100-110 degrees) the milk, sugar, shortening, and salt.
Mix the flour/yeast mixture with the wet mix.
Add the egg.
Beat for 3 minutes while slowly adding the rest of the flour.
Cover the dough and let it rise for 1 1/2-2 hours.
"Punch" the dough down.
Let it sit for ten minutes.
Grease muffin tins.
Roll the dough into 1-2" balls.
Place three balls in each muffin tin to make the cloverleaf shape.
Cover with a towel and let them rise for 30-45 minutes.
Preheat oven to 375.
Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown on the top.

*This recipe is from my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails