Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Beignets




I always post homemade recipes.  I have to tell you about these beingets though.  Someday I will recreate them with a homemade recipe I will post, but for now, why ruin something so perfect.
Two summers ago, we went to Louisiana as part of a vacation and visited my wonderful friend Jane and her family.  While visiting New Orleans, they introduced us to the famous Cafe Du Monde.  They have these amazing beingets that people wait forever in line for.  My in-laws went to New Orleans on a stop after a cruise and picked up a Cafe Du Monde beignet mix for me.  I was ecstatic!
If you are ever in the New Orleans area, make sure to stop at Cafe Du Monde - and if you love the beignets as much as I do, stock up on the mix - you will not be disappointed!

1 comment:

  1. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/french-quarter-beignets-recipe/index.html

    here is Paula Deen's recipe for your delectible tidbit...enjoy now why wait for one to come from Louisiana?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails