Sunday, March 11, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Sometimes recipes need to be revamped.  There is nothing wrong with improvement.  And sometimes it takes a few years to figure out what exactly needs improving...
I have in my collection what I (and everyone I share with) consider to be an awesome chocolate chip cookie recipe.  I found though, that often times my cookies would turn our flat - they were inconsistent and it drove me crazy.  I, like many, have a deep love for Pinterest.  Pinterest has resulted in new recipes, home improvement projects, and ideas I never would have dreamed of - and I love it!  Anyway - back to the cookies!  I found a pin on Pinterest about how to make the perfect chocolate chip cookie.  I decided to take a look around, because I love my recipe, but I needed some help.  The pointers I found - and then applied - have revolutionized my chocolate chip wonders!  I kept my same recipe, but changed the preparation slightly and it has made all the difference in the world.  I hope you enjoy the improved and no-longer-flat cookies I love!


1/2 C shortening
1/2 C butter, softened (do not melt!)
1 C sugar
1 C brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
3 C flour (more or less depending on the texture of the dough)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
chocolate chips (or any other kind of addition...m&m's, dark chocolate, etc.)

Cream together the butter and shortening until it is fluffy.
Add in the sugars and mix well.
Combine with the eggs and vanilla.
Mix the chocolate chips (or other mix-ins) into the dough.
Add baking soda, salt, and flour and combine until the flour is just mixed in.  If you pick up the dough and pinch it between your fingers, it should not stick to your fingers, but it should not be dry and crumbly either - a happy medium is perfect!  If the dough is too sticky, add more flour until the correct consistency is reached.
Roll the dough into 1" balls and place on a plate or cookie sheet.
Place the dough balls in the fridge for 30-60 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 375.
Place the dough balls on a cookie sheet (10-12 per sheet) and bake for 8-10 minutes until fluffy but not too brown.
Let the cookies cool for about 2 minutes on the cookie sheet before removing a placing them on a wire rack to finish cooling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails