Sunday, January 31, 2010

Orange or Lemon Chocolate Chip Cookies

When I saw this recipe, I knew I had to try it!  It combines two of my favorite flavors...orange and chocolate!  These little cookies really are amazing...one recipe that will be made often in our house!  (I found it on the Cafe Zupas website):
Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies

(makes 1-2 dozen cookies)

1/2 C shortening
3 oz softened cream cheese
1/2 C sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp grated orange rind
1/2 tsp salt
1 C flour
6 oz chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350.
Cream together shortening, cream cheese, egg, and sugar.
Add in vanilla and orange rind.
Mix in salt and flour.
Add chocolate chips.
Place on an ungreased cookie sheet in tablespoon drops.
Bake for 12-15 minutes (depending on your oven) until the bottoms start to brown.
Remove and place on a wire rack to cool.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails