Monday, October 26, 2009

Homemade Taco Seasoning

If you are like me, you often forget to buy taco seasonings with all the other taco ingredients.  So...here is my variation of homemade taco seasoning.  (It is for about 1 lb. of ground beef)
I make a large batch of the taco seasoning and keep it in a mason jar in my spice cabinet so that I don't have to make a new batch every time I need one!
1 TBSP chili powder
1 tsp onion powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp sugar
1/2-3/4 tsp red pepper flakes (depending on desired taste)

3/4 C water

Mix together all ingredients except meat and water.
Brown meat.
Drain meat.
Return meat to pan.
Add dry ingredient mix and water.
Simmer for 3-5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails