Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Candy Cane Sugar Cookies




These cookies are a fun "twist" on the typical sugar cookie.  I chose not to frost them because I didn't want to cover up the cuteness of the red and white but you could put a glaze over the top if you do not like plain sugar cookies.

I made two batches of my favorite sugar cookie recipe (here).
Using red food coloring, I dyed one batch to the color I was looking for.
After the required chilling time, I rolled out the dough into thin logs and twisted them together.



I then shaped them into candy canes and placed them on the baking sheets and baked according to the sugar cookie directions.
Be aware that the cookies flatten slightly so you don't want the logs of twisted dough to be too huge...otherwise you will end up with large red and white dough blobs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails