Wednesday, May 1, 2013

White Chocolate Coconut Cookies

I am a fickle white chocolate fan.  Sometimes it sounds good, sometimes I would just rather dig into my favorite dark chocolate.  Last week I was craving a white chocolate coconut cookie because the star ingredients were calling my name from in my pantry.  I wanted a new recipe, too.  So I whipped up these beauties and loved them.  My husband, sister, and future brother-in-law loved them as well.  They are soft with great texture from the oats and just enough coconut flavor dotted with melted white chocolate.  They definitely fulfilled my white chocolate/coconut craving!


1/2 C butter
1 C brown sugar
1 egg
1 TBSP milk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 3/4 C flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 C white chocolate chips
1/2 C coconut
1 C oats

Preheat the oven to 350.
Cream together the butter and brown sugar.
Add the egg, milk, and vanilla and mix well.
Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and mix until just combined.
Add the chocolate chips, coconut, and oats.  Don't over mix the batter.
Roll into 1-1 1/2" balls and place onto a baking sheet.
Gently press the dough balls down slightly (the cookies will not spread a lot).
Bake for 7-9 minutes until the bottoms are slightly browned.  Do not overcook the cookies!
They are tasty warm and cooled (I tested them at many different temperatures...all in the name of providing you with a great cookie, I promise!)

*This recipe is a Cookie Sundays original.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails