Friday, May 31, 2013

Baked Sweet Potato Fries

I think I have mentioned on here before my intense dislike for potatoes unless they are gnocchi or skinny french fries.  I discovered sweet potato fries a while back and now I will take them over regular fries any day.  I love that these are baked and not fried...then I don't feel as bad about eating an entire sweet potato worth of fries on my own (not that I did that the other day or anything...)!
You really can season them any way you want according to your preferences, but we like to keep it simple and tasty with a little seasoning salt.


2-3 large sweet potatoes
olive oil
seasoning salt
pepper

4-6 servings

Preheat oven to 350.
Line a large cookies sheet with foil.
Peel and slice the sweet potatoes as thick or as thin as you would like.
Place in a large mixing bowl.
Drizzle with just enough olive oil to lightly coat the fries.
Toss the potatoes with seasoning salt and pepper to taste.
Spread the fries over the foil evenly in a single layer.
Bake for 15-20 minutes (until they begin to feel done).
Turn the oven onto broil (high) and move the fries to the top rack.
Broil for 2-3 minutes until the fries are golden and crispy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails