Sunday, June 17, 2012

German Pancakes

Need a fun way to change up breakfast?  I remember the first time we had these pancakes at my cousins' house when I was a kid.  I though it was so cool to sit and watch the batter rise up the sides of the pan.  It is a great twist on traditional breakfast food!


1/4 C butter
6 eggs
1 C flour
1 C milk
1 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 425.
Melt the butter in a 9x13"glass baking dish.
Whisk together the remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
Once the butter is melted, pour the batter into the bottom of the pan.
Bake for 20 minutes until cooked though (batter should climb up and out of the sides of the pan - don't worry, it won't spill in the oven).
Serve warm with syrup, fruit, jam, and any other breakfast toppings.

*This recipe is from my Aunt Karin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails