Friday, March 23, 2012

Baked Rosemary Red Potatoes


I don't like potatoes.  I have tried.  I love the smell.  Preparing them doesn't bother me.  There is something about putting them in my mouth though, that make my gag reflex go crazy.  (Great way to start a recipe post about potatoes, huh?)
My husband on the other hand, loves potatoes.  Unfortunately for him, we just don't eat too many of them around our house since I am the one who cooks.  When I know potatoes pair really well a dish I am making, I try to remember to get some just for him.  These baked rosemary potatoes were delicious when eaten with the pecan-crusted salmon we love so much (according to my husband, that is).  So if you are a potato lover, you will enjoy these.  If you are not, like me, I would love to know I am not the only potato hater in the world!

4-6 red potatoes, chopped into 1-1 1/2" sized pieces
olive oil
salt
pepper
garlic powder
dried rosemary

Preheat the oven to 400.
Spray a baking dish with a light layer of cooking spray.
Spread the potatoes out evenly in the dish.
Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil.
Sprinkle the potatoes with salt, pepper,garlic powder, and rosemary to taste.  Do not overdo the seasoning, but make sure there is enough to actually season the potatoes.
Bake for 20-30 minutes (about halfway through the baking time, toss the potatoes around in the pan a little bit) until the potatoes are tender and can easily be pierced with a fork.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails