Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Orange Creamsicle Cookies

Fruit - I love anything that is fruit related.  These orange creamsicle cookies are heaven.  As in, I may have a new favorite cookie (and that is saying a lot since oatmeal cookies have been my favorite for as long as I can remember)!  These really are that good.
The original recipe calls for vanilla chips.  I actually originally made mine with white chocolate chips because that is what I had on hand.  I would say go with whichever sounds better to you - they are both delicious!


2 1/2 C flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 C butter, softened
1/2 C sugar
1/2 C packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 TBSP orange zest (1-2 oranges)
2 C vanilla or white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375.
Cream the butter and sugars together.
Add the egg and vanilla.
Combine with the flour, baking soda, and salt until just mixed.
Add in the orange zest and the vanilla or white chocolate chips.
Place in round teaspoonfuls on a cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes until just golden.
Do not over bake the cookies!
Let the cookies cool for about 2-3 minutes before removing them from the pan.
Place cookies on a rack to cool.

This recipe comes from http://www.bakedperfection.com/ via http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails