Saturday, August 6, 2011

Zucchini Brownies

My kitchen is experiencing zucchini overload!  Our single zucchini plant has produced more zucchini than I know what to do with...and they are huge!  We give them too much time and they explode in size.  Someday we will get this gardening thing down.  For now, I am trying every zucchini recipe I can get my hands on!  I always make a lot of zucchini bread but I have broadened my horizons this summer and have been pleasantly surprised with the versatility of the squash.  Besides baking, I have also put shredded zucchini in dishes like lasagna.  A great way to hide vegetables!
These brownies made some of the greatest batter I have ever tasted (if you are a batter-eater like me)!  The brownies were so moist and good both warm and at room temperature.  Enjoy this sweet way to eat your vegetables!

Brownies:
1 C butter, softened
1 1/2 C sugar
2 eggs
1/2 C plain yogurt
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 C flour
1/4 C cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 C shredded zucchini

Frosting:
2/3 C semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 C creamy peanut butter

Preheat the oven to 350.
Lightly grease a 9" x 13" baking pan.
Cream together the butter and sugar (I used a hand mixer to combine all the ingredients).
Beat in eggs, yogurt, and vanilla.
Add the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
Gently stir in the zucchini.
Pour into the pan and bake for 35-40 minutes (check the brownies with a toothpick to make sure it comes out clean).
Melt the chocolate chips and peanut butter in a saucepan together.
Pour over warm brownies.
Cool in the pan on a wire rack and cut into squares.



*This recipe is from Taste of Home.

3 comments:

  1. Yum! We used to throw them in enchiladas too. You couldn't even tell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you do a really fine grate on the zuchini? and is the flour 2 1/2 cups or 2 1/4 cups??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually just used the "regular" side of the box grater, so it wasn't fine, but not huge. And sorry...2 1/2 C flour!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails