Monday, September 13, 2010

Zucchini Bread

I am a new farmer's market convert.  Last week, I bought a huge zucchini at a local farmer's market for $0.25!  Shredded, it was about 4 cups!  Zucchini bread was screaming my name.  This recipe is adapted from my sister-in-law and I love it!  It makes two loaves...

1 C sugar
1 C brown sugar
3 eggs
1 C applesauce
3 tsp vanilla
2 C grated zucchini (remove the seeds)
3 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp baking powder

Preheat the oven to 325.
Grease and flour two bread pans.
Cream together sugar, brown sugar, eggs, oil, vanilla, and zucchini.
Add flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder.
Mix until blended completely.
Pour half of the batter into each pan.
Bake 45-60 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails