Sunday, May 22, 2011

Chocolate Waffle Cookies

I am in a sugar comatose after making (and devouring too many of!) these.  This was a treat my mom used to make when we were kids and I still LOVE them!  They are soft and area wonderful compliment to a large glass of cold milk!
You can frost them or choose not too...I frosted them with mint frosting this time.  You can't go wrong with a mint and chocolate combination.

1 C melted butter
7 TBSP powdered cocoa
4 eggs
2 C flour
1 1/2 C sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt

Heat your waffle iron to medium heat (if it has different settings...if not, just turn it on).  I used a Belgian waffle iron.  A thinner waffle iron works just as well too - just adjust the cooking time according to your waffle iron.
Combine the butter and cocoa.
Add eggs, flour, sugar, vanilla, and salt.
Mix well.
Place a heaping spoonful of dough onto each waffle segment.

Close the waffle iron and let the cookies cook for 3-4 minutes until they can be removed with the assistance of a fork (do not over cook them - the actual time may vary depending on the quality and age of your waffle iron...don't be afraid to check the cookies until they are done).
Remove and serve warm or cool.  Frost when cooled (if you can wait that long)!
Yummy!

1 comment:

  1. Why didn't I get any??? I need waffle cookies in my belly right about now.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails