Thursday, June 10, 2010

New Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


Sometimes I just get the urge to bake.  Since I teach, I have all sorts of time in the summer to do things I want to do...and that includes baking and experimenting.  I took my basic oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and made some additions that made a WOW difference.

1 C butter
1 C brown sugar
1/2 C sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3 C oats
*2 TBSP honey
*3/4 C finely chopped (with a food processor) pecans
1 C chocolate chips

*new additions!
 
Cream together butter and sugars.
Add eggs, vanilla, and honey.
Mix in flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda.
Add oats, pecans, and chocolate chips.
Spoon tablespoon sizes of dough onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake at 350 for 8-12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails