Monday, April 21, 2014

Grilled Cinnamon Pineapple Slices

 

When my husband and I traveled to South America a few years ago, one of my favorite things to eat was the fresh fruit.  In the chiaroscuro restaurants (places where waiters bring around fresh grilled meats and pineapples and serve you slices off the larger piece of meat or whole pineapple) fresh grilled pineapple was served.  Some of my favorites had a cinnamon and sugar glaze.  I made personalized pieces of cinnamon sugar glazed pineapple that reminded me of the delicious pineapple we ate while traveling.
This pineapple is a really simple side dish, dessert, or snack for the upcoming barbeque season!


This recipe serves 2-4 (depending on the size of the pineapple).

2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 TBSP sugar
1 large pineapple, peeled, cut into 1/2" thick slices

Mix the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl.
Sprinkle the mixture on each side of the pineapple slices.
Grill each side of the pineapple for 2-3 minutes.
Serve warm!

This recipe is a Cookie Sundays original.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails