Thursday, August 8, 2013

Peanut Butter and Oat Bites

I snack all day long.  I am constantly hungry.  It is a good thing I work out and my metabolism hasn't started to slow down yet or I would be in trouble.  But I really am hungry all the time...I don't eat out of boredom.  I like to snack on healthy things though....fruit, veggies, whole grains...but sometimes I get stuck in a rut.  I need new variations of snacks.  Snacks that have protein in them keep me a little fuller a little longer so this peanut butter-packed "bite" is perfect.  A few of these will hold me over until the next craving!


This recipe makes about 24-30 "bites".

1 C oats
1/2 C creamy peanut butter
1/3 C honey
1 C sweetened coconut flakes
1/2 C wheat germ
1/2 C raisins
1 tsp vanilla

Combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl.
Refrigerate the mixture for about 30 minutes.
Roll the dough into 1" balls.
Keep in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 1 week.

This recipe is adapted from smashedpeasandcarrots.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails